Monday 23 April 2012

T is for Typewriter!

Remember these badboys! This is what people used to use to type letters, documents and so on before computers and laptops, oh how things have changed! I remember when my dad bought a second hand typewriter, it was so heavy and big! But I was so excited to be able to type 'once upon a time' stories that I was ready to 'publish' my own book. I'm sure I've still got the front cover of the book that i drew, in my folder somewhere, it was about a talking doll..sounds familiar? I loved the sound it made when typing and when you push the carriage return lever that made a ding sound! Also still like the authentic typeface that it created, could do with a typewriter now actually!

2 comments:

  1. Epic, I remember how beastly they used to look like each button took ALL YOUR STRENGTH to push! Also reminds me of this

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v94ugLhua9Y

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol just watched that video, you made me play a imaginary piano to that theme, and my workmates were like what is she doing haha

      Delete