Tuesday 14 May 2013

Bank Holiday spent in London!

Last Monday on the 6th, which was a Bank Holiday (and also my friend's birthday), me and my friends spent a day in London! I love spending time in this vibrant city and I always get excited when going there. Luckily the weather was lovely, sun shining bright!


We first visited the Victoria and Albert Museum, my friend, Nas (the birthday girl) wanted to visit the Modern Art section as she wanted to do some research about it for her coursework in PGCE. But we visited other areas, we saw big sculptures, statues, ceramics, fashion, contemporary glass, paintings and photography!


We had a picnic at Hyde Park and bought yummy cakes from Patisserie Valerie, I had the Black Forest Gateau..NOM NOM
Cake-cake-cake!
                       
It was lovely eating under the sun and people watching, 
I could have stayed there all afternoon!
A bit of shopping on Oxford Street, well window shopping for me as I didn't buy anything :s

South Bank is an eclectic area that is the cultural heart of the city and home to London's most iconic attractions, theatres, arts and design-led venues. The area is buzzing with things to see and do all year round; free events, music, film, exhibitions, dance, theatre, debates, festivals and all sorts of family fun.




There was a food festival at South Bank; market stalls selling burgers, oysters, wine etc, the smell of food in the air was mouthwatering but we had only just ate so there was 
no room for this!

5 comments:

  1. As always, some wicked pics :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A few days in London sightseeing is enough, it's always so busy! The south bank festival looks cool, I would have enjoyed that. Lovely pics as always x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know too busy! Don't know if I'd still like it if I lived there,aww thanks :) x

      Delete